A rainy October Tuesday…so what do I need to do when I come home for my sanity? It’s either take a nap or bake. I decided to try out these Banana-Carob Protein Bar’s I had seen on Pinterest. I did not put Carob chips in mine so they are Banana-Chocolate Chip Protein Brownie Bars…these are the type of brownies I will have to put out of eyesight or I will eat the entire pan, that is how I like my brownies.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup protein powder (I used protein plus chocolate flavored)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I use Better’n Peanut Butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly pour and stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is well mixed, then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in a greased 8 x 8 in. baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes
- Cut into your choice of size squares…and enjoy. I made mine a little smaller so I wouldn’t feel so guilty eating 2.
This is my usual cooking set up…iPad and my caramel tea and usually some carrots or grapes on the side so I don’t each too much batter. I found these awesome iPad covers that you can use when cooking or baking in order to reduce screen grease and dirty fingerprints!
Must add chocolate chips.
And they must be Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips. I am addicted to these things and decided to try them because of Hungry Runner Girls Post about them! I will never go back to Toll House.
The bananas make them gooey and very filling.
I didn’t wait for them to cool…they just looked too good to wait 20 minutes, so what if the roof of my mouth is peeling off right now?
Notice Halloween PJs and a t-shirt from 6th grade…this is my gorgeous outfit I put on after school every day. Sexy and I know it.
Who knew brownies could be so delicious and “semi”-healthy:)
What do you do when it is a gloomy, rainy day?