Okay I know the recipe title is a little long, but trust me you need all of those parts to make these cookies be what they are.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Walnut Raisin Cookies
Slightly adapted from “Chef In Training”
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Ghirardelli chocholate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream shortening, sugar, pumpkin puree until smooth
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, soda, cinnamon, salt)
- Mix dry ingredients and egg gradually into wet ingredients
- At the end fold in chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts into batter
- Place heaping teaspoons full on to greased cookie sheet (I didn’t grease mine and they were fine)
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes
- Place on cooling rack
The dough looks good, but it wasn’t my favorite dough to eat…which I am thinking is probably a good thing!
Great for a Halloween party!
Freezing and sharing is a must with these, unless you want to eat all of them in one day…which is okay too!