Thursday morning our students and teachers had a “late start”…we didn’t have to be in to school until 12:00, we had to stay until 7 for parent teacher conferences…But just having that extra time in the morning was awesome. I slept in until 8am! That hasn’t happened in a long time! I was able to hit up our apartment gym for a bike workout (took a solid 5 days off from running)…and I did a CRAZY arm workout that I found on Peanut Butter Fingers Workout page…check it out here! I was able to read some of my textbook chapters for grad school while pedaling away (trying to find some positives about sitting my butt down on a stationary bike for 45 minutes and not running).
Good thing I had the gym to myself so no-one had to see how beautiful I am after I workout and be jealous. (aka smelly)
I then came home and decided to roast some brussel sprouts for lunch (I ended up eating the entire bowl of them for lunch because they were SO good, oops!)
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut brussel sprouts in half length wise
- Place in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place on a cookie sheet (I didn’t grease mine but you can if you feel you need to)
- Put in oven for 15 minutes, stir and flip the sprouts, then put in for an additional 15 minutes
Another post about a veggies makeover is Beautiful Beets!