“I’m dreaming of a White Sundayyy”… They were calling for “some” snow flurries but within 10 minutes of asking Andrew this morning if it was snowing yet I looked outside and this is the winter wonderland we found!
Lucy loves the snow. We got Lucy as a puppy during a snow storm and she loved running around with her litter mates and still does…luckily we can always see her hoping around because of her contrast with the snow;)
Last night was our staff holiday party… this was one of the “Dirty Santa” game gifts…it was so nice to get to actually sit down with co-workers and catch up since the days at work just don’t allow for much socializing these days.
After I slid my way to the grocery store, and we decided it wasn’t the best weather to venture out to church I came home to make an “Egg White and Oatmeal Protein Pancake”…I got the recipe from Julie over at PBF Blog…
At first when I read this recipe a few weeks ago I thought combining oatmeal and egg whites seemed a little odd but after I have tried this a few times it is becoming a breakfast favorite. It is very filling and delicious!
Egg White and Oatmeal Protein Pancake
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- toppings of your choice (I tried bananas, raisins, pecans, and some maple syrup)
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Warm a medium sized skillet to medium high heat and coat with cooking spray
3. Pour mixture in to pan and wait about 1 to 2 minutes until sides turn white.
4. Flip carefully and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings! Enjoy.
It is okay if it is not the “prettiest” pancake in the world!
Yummy and a great alternative to regular pancakes on a Snowy Sunday morning!
I also put the ingredients for beef stew in the crock pot for dinner (recipe to come!)…
Now if only this poor guy could get his cone off and go play in the snow then all would be good today…
Have a Happy Sunday!