Oatmeal and bananas are like a runners “crack”…Not a day goes by where I don’t think of the two and how I can combine them and what I can add to oatmeal is truly endless. I did a little exploring while taking a grad work procrastination break and I wanted to share with you the BEST oatmeal recipe ever…adapted from the BEST BLOG EVER...Peanut Butter Fingers… If you are in a pumpkin mood, go for this.
Banana Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a sauce pan on the stove top boil 1 cup water
- Pour in oatmeal and let cook for 3 minutes
- Stir in brown sugar and half of banana slices, cook for 1 minute
- Stir in pumpkin puree and cinnamon, cook for 2 minutes
- Take off stove and top with the remainder of banana slices and dash of nutmeg
Enjoy! I added some walnuts and raisins to mine because I love nuts! (they say people love things that are like themselves:)
How do YOU take your oatmeal???